A caring community in Central Florida that offers love and acceptance in a safe place, to bring healing to a hurting heart.
TUESDAYS 6:45 - 8:45 pm
at Victory Church in Lakeland, Florida
What is First Steps?
In the time we're together, you will recieve the support you need for your transition into new choices. At First Steps we learn to deal with sexual brokenness, anger, broken relationships, depression, co-dependencies, stress and anxiety, and abuse. Any issue you may be facing can inhibit your ability to have loving, meaningful relationships and peace of mind.
Is First Steps for me?
1) Pornography or an affair is destroying or has destroyed your marriage or relationship.
2) You can't seem to stop lying, hiding, or decieving your wife about your "secret life."
3) The pain of what you're doing is now greater than the pleasure.
4) You are open to discovering a "Game Plan" that will bring daily peace and victory over sexual sin.
5) You are open to joining in with other men who have found victory and will bring you along in the process.
6) You are interested in maintaining accountability and support in your sobriety.
1) Your marriage or relationship is falling apart because of pornography or an affair.
2) You feel alone and desire the support of other women who understand what you are going through.
3) You discovered your husband is into online pornography or other sexual sin and you don't know what to do.
4) You are in deep pain that needs to find healing.
5) You want to be able to trust again.
6) You want to offer encouragement and hope to other women who are struggling to overcome the pain of a husband's sexual sin.
What should I expect at a First Steps meeting?
(Childcare is available.)
We begin with everyone together for a time of teaching that deals with topics that are relevant to the entire group. Example topics include: "Carrying Family Baggage," "The Broken Heart," "Self Help or Self Destruction." We also pray together as a group and then dismiss into our small group setting.
We split into small groups based on gender. Small groups are a place to focus on our specific issues and concerns, and gives us support through encouragement, acceptance, prayer, and the Word of God.
Everyone is dismissed.
Is there hope for me?
We all hunger for meaningful relationships and long to know the joy of living an abundant life. At First Steps, we believe this is attainable. We're people from diverse backgrounds who come together to share what's happening in our lives. We share our struggles and our victories in a confidential setting while we support and encourage one another.
We've come to realize that we're all imperfect people, from imperfect backgrounds, living in an imperfect world. We've learned that these circumstances can be used for good in our lives when we receive healing and release from past hurts, and allow our experiences to develop our character. This type of growth doesn't come easily. There are no quick fixes. But there IS HOPE. Now is the time to choose.
First Steps was started by a small group of men who have overcome sexual sin and addiction and who have a heart to help other men in their battle for sexual sobriety. If you have any questions or would like to attend our First Steps program, please contact Kathi Palmer at Victory Church.